Town of Foam Lake – Assistant Public Works Foreman
The Town of Foam Lake is a vibrant, progressive, family-friendly community with a proud history and an exciting future. Foam Lake is located on Highway 16 just 90km west of Yorkton. This community has a population of just over 1,100 and amenities that appeal to a variety of lifestyles including healthcare, education, recreation, and community facilities.
Foam Lake’s Town Council is currently seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Public Works Assistant Foreman.
The Public Works Assistant Foreman:
- reports directly to the Public Works Foreman;
- assists the Public Works Foreman with the effective planning, development, administration, management and operation of the Town’s transportation, water and sewer services, in accordance with related legislation, policies and regulations.
- Demonstrates a take-charge attitude in order to achieve results
- Handles conflict effectively and remains calm under pressure
- Has a proven record of being able to direct and evaluate the people and activities of the municipality
- Seeks out, appreciates, and acknowledges input from others
- Evaluates tasks and focuses on priorities to ensure consistent delivery of services
- Considers long-term planning in operational decisions
Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Works collaboratively with others and is sensitive to the diverse needs of the community
- Possesses the ability to communicate professionally, respectfully, knowledgeably, and tactfully
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Public Works Foreman in the direction for all Public Works functions; transportation, water and sewer services;
- Participate in the development and implementation of operational planning as well as policies, procedures, goals and objectives;
- Participate in the long-term planning, including updating of infrastructure and equipment;
- Participate in the developing of the annual Public Works operating and capital budgets.
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a proven leader, with relevant education and/or senior management experience;
- Hold a Water Treatment Class II or higher certification and Wastewater Collection Level I, or be willing to obtain certification as soon as possible upon commencement of employment;
- A minimum of 3 years Public Works experience, preferably in a management role.
- Hourly wage between $27.52 and $33.52, dependent on qualifications and experience, as per The Wage Negotiation and Rates Policy #2021-001)
- Attractive health and fitness benefits, as well as an Earned Days Off program option
- Further details will be discussed in a personal interview
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to the Town of Foam Lake, c/o Hiring Committee to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position to commence as soon as possible. Only those selected for interviews will be notified.