Foam Lake Town Council consists of a Mayor and Six Councillors. The Mayor and Council
represent the Town as a whole as Foam Lake is not divided into wards. The current Council was
elected on October 26, 2016 for a term of four years.
Council is responsible for establishing corporate policy and setting strategic priorities. The
Province of Saskatchewan, through legislation, sets out the powers of municipal governments
through the Municipalities Act.
- To consider the welfare and interests of the municipality as a whole and to bring to Council’s
attention anything that would promote the welfare and interests of the municipality
- To participate in developing and evaluating the policies and programs of the municipality
- To participate in Council meetings, Council committee meetings and meetings of other bodies
to which they are appointed by Council
- To obtain information about the operation and administration of the municipality
- To keep in confidence matters discussed in private at a Council or Council committee meeting
until discussed at a meeting held in public
- To perform any other duty or function imposed on Councillors by the Municipalities Act or by the Council