The Town of Foam Lake offers a competitive wage range and stable working hours. Apply online for the following position by submitting a resume.
Town of Foam Lake Job Postings:
Office Clerk – Town of Foam Lake
The Town of Foam Lake invites applications from qualified persons for the position of temporary Office Clerk.
This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), and is responsible for a variety of clerical tasks for the Town of Foam Lake Office. As the first point of contact with visitors to the office, the ideal candidate will be friendly, approachable, and customer service oriented. The Office Clerk must be comfortable undertaking a variety of activities in the office, including filing, answering phone, organizing documents, basic bookkeeping, data entry and more. Candidate will have the ability to work independently to help maintain efficient operations. Reliability and a strong work ethic with excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to the position.
Office Clerk/Receptionist Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and assist with general inquiries and bill payments
- Organize and maintain files and records, ensuring they remain updated and are easily accessible
- Basic accounting procedures; understanding of account and ledger reconciliations
- Friendly and knowledgeable when answering phone, taking messages, or redirecting calls to appropriate offices
- Skilled in the use of office equipment such as photocopier, printers, etc.
- Inventory stock of office supplies (paper, ink etc.) and order what is needed
Office Clerk/Receptionist Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma is required, relevant education or certification is preferred
- Successful work experience as an office clerk or in another clerical position
- Strong working knowledge of office procedures and basic accounting principals
- Excellent computer skills for word processing, spreadsheet creation etc. (i.e. Microsoft programs)
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Team mentality and willingness to assist in office management and organization procedures
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great organizational and multitasking abilities
- Approachable, friendly, and professional demeanor
- Superior “assistant” qualities
This is a 13 month position; 30 – 35 hours per week.
Please apply with resume by Friday, October 18 at 4:00 p.m. attention to:
Chief Administrative Officer, Town of Foam Lake
306-272-3359 – office / email@example.com
Box 57 Foam Lake, SK S0A 1A0